Robert D. Klausner, MD, FACS
First President & Chief of Staff
Bonita Ambulatory Surgery Center
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1998
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 1994
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 1998
- Brebeuf Jesuit High School, ranked #1 in graduating class, Indianapolis, IN, 1980
- Elected to Phi Beta Kappa, University of Pennsylvania, Phila., PA, 1983
- BA with Honors in Biology, Summa Cum Laude, University of Pennsylvania, Phila, PA 1984
- MD: University of Pennsylvania, Phila., PA, 1988
- Internship: General Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Phila., PA, 1989
- Residency: Head and Neck Surgery; Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Phila., PA 1989 - 1993
- Chief Resident, Dept of Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Phila., PA 1993
Facial Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, American Academy
of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, preceptor-E. Gaylon
- Fellow, American Academy of Facial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery.
- Florida Medical Society
- Collier County Medical Society
- 2009-present Listed as a Castle Connolly “Top Doctor”. Finding Top Doctors
- 2012-present America’s Top Plastic Surgeons.
- 2004-present Listed in Consumers’ Research Council of America’s Guide to America’s Top Physicians.
- 2013-present Listed in Peer Reviewed Physicians.
- 2011-present Annual Patient’s Choice Award.
- 2001-present Medical executive Committee, Bonita Community Ambulatory Surgery Center.
President & Chief of Staff, Bonita Community Ambulatory
Surgery Center, elected February, 2001.
- 1997 Selection for inclusion in "Who's Who in Medicine & Healthcare (1999-2000).
- 1996 First Place Illinois Governor's Hometown Award for Volunteer Service.
Links to related sites
Recent News about Dr. Klausner
D. Klausner, MD, FACS has been selected for inclusion in the Consumer's Research
Council's Guide To America's Top Physicians annually since 2005. Robert
D. Klausner, MD, FACS has also been selected by Castle Connolly as a Top Doctor every year since 2009.
D. Klausner, MD, FACS was elected President
and Chief of Staff by his peers at the Bonita Community Ambulatory
Surgery Center in 2001 and has served on the Medical Executive
Committee annually every year since inception. The Bonita
Surgery Center has four certified state of the art operating suites and
is located in the Bonita Community Health Center at 3501 Health
Center Boulevard in Bonita Springs. The Bonita Community
Health Center is a full service outpatient medical facility serving
Collier and Lee counties. It was developed jointly by Naples
Community Hospital and Lee Memorial Hospital. Dr. Klausner
is a board certified facial plastic surgeon in practice in Bonita
Springs and is also the Medical Director of the Center for Cosmetic
Surgery, located in Bonita Springs.
Klausner has admitting privileges at both Downtown Baker NCH
North Naples Hospital. he is currently the division chief of head
& neck Surgery for NCH. Dr. Klausner received his medical
degree in 1988 from the
University of Pennsylvania which is the nation's first hospital,
followed by a one-year, general surgery
internship at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in
Philadelphia. He then completed a four-year residency in Head
& Neck Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center and
one year of further advanced post-graduate training in Facial Plastic
And Reconstructive Surgery through the fellowship program of the
American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
more information or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Klausner, call
(239) 498-4YOU (4968) or toll free (800) 481-FACE (3223). Click
on this link to read an article about the new Ambulatory Surgery Center
that appeared in the Naples Daily News and Bonita Daily News:
Dr. Klausner and the new Ambulatory Surgery Center within the Bonita Community Health Center